We Are Experts At Bernina Service & Repair
The University of Sewing at The Tailored Fit backs up everything we sell with expert technical service.
Our technicians are professionally trained by BERNINA to make sure your machine keeps running like new.
We guarantee your satisfaction on every service we perform.
*We recommend that you clean, oil and adjust your Bernina sewing machine annually.
BERNINA machine tune-up prices below.
|BERNINA 7 and 8 Series (Large Machines)
|BERNINA 3, 4, 5 Series (Small Machines)
|BERNINA Machine Inspection (Diagnosis)
Tune up prices for other brands. We service Bernette machines and big box Singer machines. We do not currently service embroidery or serger machines for Singer.
|Electronic Machines (Computerized)
|Mechanical Machines (With Dials)
|Machine Inspection (Diagnosis)
When bringing your sewing machine in for service, please bring the following with you:
- Bring the machine, foot control power cord, bobbin, and bobbin case.
- Bring your 1 or 1C foot.
- Bring your Buttonhole foot (#3). If your machine came with an Automatic Buttonhole foot (the long black one), bring that one instead of the short one.
- If you are bringing in the embroidery unit, bring the embroidery foot that came with your machine (#15 or #26) and the embroidery bobbin case with a bobbin loaded with your bobbin thread.
- If you are bringing in the embroidery unit, bring your large oval hoop. It is also helpful to us if you have a piece of fabric and stabilizer pre-hooped & ready to go.
- Make sure the standard Zigzag needle plate is on the machine.
- If your machine has visual issues with stitching, please bring in a sample.
- We do not need anything else. We will send any accessories not needed home with you.
When bringing in your serger for service, please include the following items:
Our Service Policy is: We don't not call for approval of replacement parts and labor for any amount $100 or less. We will call for approval for service costs greater than total of $100.Printable version of the above information Click on this link
- Bring the machine, foot control, and power cord.
- Bring your all-purpose foot and stitch plate.
- Bring the machine with the cone nets.
- If the machine having issues, please bring a sample.
- If the issue is with the cover stitch or the chain stitch, we will need those plates and feet, along with a sample.
- We will send any accessories not needed home with you.
Tips from the Tech...
Warranty Information Link : https://www.bernina.com/en-US/Support-US/BERNINA-Warranty
- Surge protectors….a MUST for all computerized machines. 1000 joules is recommended protection.
- Please, Please DO NOT SEW OVER PINS!!! You risk breaking a needle which could injure you and damage your machine. If you do break a needle, please be sure to find and remove all the pieces.
- Oil your machine and change the needle after every 6-8 hours of sewing. Oil your machine at least weekly. Please discard dull or damaged needles. Replacing needles are the least expensive thing you can do to take care of your machine and prevent damage to your project.
- In the event your fabric is pulled down into your throat plate and the machine jams, TURN OFF YOUR MACHINE and remove the needle from the needle bar. DO NOT USE THE HAND WHEEL to pry the needle out. This could affect the timing on your machine or damage the hook in the machine.
- Remember to remove the throat plate and clean the lint from the feed dogs and bobbin case area after each project. And please DO NOT USE canned air duster to clean out the hook area of your machine. It may move lint farther into the machine, and may also fly up and damage the computer boards.
- When cleaning the computer screen, never use abrasives on your touch screen. Use a mild cleaning agent such as 409 sprayed onto a soft cloth. Never use acetone or mineral oil to clean your screen.